|What is Mithraism?
What is Mithraism?
For those who are new into the faith and those who are curious about it.
I thought that I would share some of my thoughts on what Mithraism is to me.
Now remember that this is My interpretation, the other Brothers and Sisters of Mithras throughout the world may have different ideas and feelings about how Mithras appeals to them.
Mithraism is a religion about spirituality that progresses towards self-realization, fulfillment and completeness, as a good creation of a totally good God. That we call Mithras: the Lord of Light. The Divine and The Great Maker. Mithraism is a message and teaching about Freedom - Freedom to choose, Freedom from fear, Freedom from guilt and Freedom from sin.
1. Mithras is Not about Fear, Guilt and Condemnation.
2. Mithras is Wisdom, Love, Peace, Justice and Compassion.
3. Mithras does Not discriminate on the basis of nationality, gender, race or wealth.
4. Mithras treats humanity with Dignity and Respect.
5. Mithras is Not a slave master, nor a despot, among his followers.
6. Mithras is Humanities Soul Mate and Partner.
7. Mithras is Not Jealous, Wrathful or Vengeful.
8. Man is Not sinful by nature, fallen or depraved.
9. Mithras has No Eternal opponent, Heaven and Hell are states of mind and being. Ignorance/Ahriman are just mental states that Mithras wants to help you to overcome.
10. Man was created to progress to Enlightenment and eliminate Darkness/Ignorance from the Universe in partnership with The Divine Mithras.
11. Mithras is about Honor, Justice and Liberty
The Mithraic faith views humanity as the growing and evolving creation of The Divine Mithras who Loves us, Respects us and wants us to join Him in the task of Preserving, Nourishing and Refreshing this Beautiful Universe that we live in.
A Mithraist progresses towards The Divine Mithras by our own choices. Choosing to do good and to avoid choosing to do wrong or evil. Mithraism is an ethical religion that teaches that humanity can achieve its goal of Illumination and Oneness with The Divine Mithras by fighting evil through our Thoughts, Meditations, Acts of Compassion and spreading Wisdom and Peace.
Mithraism teaches the Equality of all mortals for The Divine Mithras only sees a difference in righteousness among mortals. Therefore there is equality of race, nation, gender, wealth and social position.
Mithraism is a personal, creative and evolving experience in which the teachings of Mithras continue to expand and adapt according to the abilities - both receptive and creative - of the individual Mithraist. Remember that Mithraism does have scriptures, but unlike other faiths, we expand and adapt. The Scriptures of the past are the foundations that we build upon, but we do Not rest only with them. New scriptures are added to build up from that foundation so that the walls of faith can continuously be built and soar onwards into the future.
I invite you to a journey of spiritual discovery.
Come discover the Faith of Mithras,
come learn and Open your Heart and Mind to its Compassionate message.
May You All walk in the Light of Mithras, Children of The Divine.